Monday, July 19, 2021

Arsenio

Hi Gang.   Sorry for the long delay, retirement is good for me and I was just taking advantage.   I'm back, but I still request your occasional patience if I don't update the saint with my usual regularity:


Saint Arsenio

Also known as
Arsenius
Arsenius the Great (little fast and loose with the great appellation in my opinion)

memorial
19 July

Profile
Our saint today was a Deacon and a tutor to the sons of Emperor Theodosius the Great.

When the emperor’s sons grew up and had no further need of the tutoring provided by Arsenio he became a disciple of Saint John the Short; the little guy in the brown robes.

He may or may not have later worked with Eddie Murphy and had a talk show but this information may be apocryphal.

Died
c.450 and much earlier in the Nielsen’s

No comments:

Post a Comment