Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Eucarpus

Today is the feast of Good King Wenceslaus. I like the song so I tend to do him every year. That really isn’t fair to:

Saint Eucarpus
memorial
28 September

Profile

His name means “Good Wrist.” I don’t really want to know why, maybe he was good at darts or tennis…..


The 8 wrist bones are collectively called the Carpal Bones. FYI if you sustain trauma to the wrist, like falling on an outstretched hand, and you have tenderness in the anatomic snuff box this is a sign of fracture of the scaphoid bone…a carpus; this type of fracture is not readily seen on plane x-rays, In the ER I would cast folk with this sign in a thumb spica cast and bring them back in 2 weeks…..I'm not working anymore so I don't need to think about this stuff......

Anyhoo….Eucarpus is one of a bunch of about 30 Christians who were martyred in the early days of the Church during some local persecution in Asia Minor (Turkey).

No comments:

Post a Comment